Royal Guardians Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Guardians Academy

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...

Go down 
+4
Pharaoh Atem
Darkness Lord
BERKAY
Anzo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anzo
Administrator
Administrator
Anzo

KCVDS username: : Yugi Muto

Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... Empty
PostSubject: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:28 pm

Not a bad idea huh ^.^

This topic will be for teaching GFX and everything belongs to PS that i know , and i will try to share all my knowledge on Photoshop with you guys or at lest those who ask for it.

My history in PS:
First time i used this program was back in 2007 , and for the past 4-5 years i could finally learn almost everything about this program and thats why am able to make and design almost everything i have in my mind and wants to do in PS as long as it is possoble.

i still didn't decide how am exactly will teach PS since it is not an east job , but as a begging i will make tutorials , not random once of course simply you guys post here what you wants to learn exactly and how you wants to do it and if possible i will teach you the way without a tutorials but simple showing you how in a Post. But if it wasn't possible then i will gladly make you a tutorial .

Everything will be for free , all what you need is to be tested .

I will make tutorials as you request , and post PSD's links of my works, all what you have to do is to post a question or post a signature and ask how to make a similar effects and if needed i will give ya resource since i have allot of it .

am just trying this "teaching" idea so am not sure if it will work out but i will give it a shot and try to make it real ... so go ahead and asked

P.S: Allot of people on ham almost everyday show me one of my old artworks and ask me how did i do that. If you like here is my gallery for artworks/requests that i made in the past 4 months you can use it if you want and use artworks from it in your posts to make your question understandable more.

Artworks: (i wasn't talented all the time , just keep that in mind)
https://s1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd454/yugimuto111/My%20Artworks/

Requests:
https://s1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd454/yugimuto111/Requestss/
Back to top Go down
https://royalguardians.forumotion.com
BERKAY
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

KCVDS username: : ...

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:53 pm

I have an idea how you can do this. No need to make tutorials (not bad idea really, don't get me wrong) or share PSDs. You can make something like book. I read once you are thankful for tutorials that make you better. You can find some good tutorials and order them like a plan of this teaching. And release them in this topic like homeworks. For example, first tutorial, render, some C4D and BG or a stock. Release them here and give us some time to make a work with these resources. We will show our outcomes here and you might CnC them, if we have a lack about that work (lightning, blending of layers, adjustment, focal point, colors etc.) you can tell us how to fix it in that work. And don't let us go for second tutorial until we pass from first exam (first tutorial). Smile
Back to top Go down
Anzo
Administrator
Administrator
Anzo

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:12 pm

There is hundreds of effects in PS , and making a "book" for'em will take ages .. so i prefer to know what you guys wants to learn exactly then make it
Back to top Go down
Darkness Lord
Darkness Lord

KCVDS username: : Darkness Lord

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:20 am

That is so kind of u actually Yugi. You offer a great service without taking anything for it. This is just so kind, especially from a gifted artist like you. You know, every word from you is a treasure.

Well I wanted to ask u about something and I hope that itsn't complicated cause I don't want to disturb u with my questions:
Recentely in your works, you have been adding an effect (or a combination of effects) which I really like much.
I mean that sunny, soft, metalic and sharp effect. I guess you add some filters then work on the colors with Curvens, Levels and Color Balance...etc
I wanted to ask about the filters u add or the thing that makes the pictures take that look.

Examples:
Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... 89

Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... 84

Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... 83

Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... 78

I hope that you got what I mean.
Many thanks Yugi. I really appreciate your efforts. You ROCK bro Smile
Back to top Go down
Pharaoh Atem
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Pharaoh Atem

KCVDS username: : TheMightyPharaoh

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 6:50 pm

First many thanks for you, Yugi, for this project. I have the same question that Darkness Lord had just the difference is I recently started trying to do something similar xD!
For what Berkay said, I suppose you make a tutorial and then test us if to see the outcome of what we understand. I do like this idea!
After all, since this project is very large and requires alot of time, so whenever you feel very busy and can't work effeciently, don't hesitate in asking for my help in that thing! Just from your knowledge about me you make sure that you won't ask me for something I would ask you for it because after all you are my teacher since I started that PS Smile Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BERKAY
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 8:22 pm

Pharaoh Atem wrote:
For what Berkay said, I suppose you make a tutorial and then test us if to see the outcome of what we understand. I do like this idea!
It's what I said exactly! Smile

I have a similiar question. How you see the future of an effect? I mean, there is a combination among effects. For example you make the adjustment really bad look alone but when you add another one or change it's blending, it looks really perfect!

I have another question also. How you can know which blending mode will be good for that layer?

Last but not least question is can you write which blending mode goes with which effect? For example,

Overlay=Makes your work darker.
Lighten=Makes your work really light.
Screen=It's good for C4Ds.

But of coursely more detailed ones. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anzo
Administrator
Administrator
Anzo

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Ok guys , actually your question is not that hard to answer and maybe i can explain everything with one tutorial or so .. for now i will give hints and will make the tut latter

Darkness Lord: Believe me or not , i never use filers .. only rare times but usually i use Adjustments sittings like Brightness and Contrast , Exposure , Photo Filter , Gradiant Map and nothing else .. These are my favor effects that i like to use and ofc it need some training to manage using them well .. for example these Artworks you showed in your post i used Exposure + Gragiant Map only Plus a BG stock+1C4D and a render of my choice so it is easy .. I will make a tutorial to explain more

Atem: Since your question is similar to DL's so i guess the same goz for your question .. and wait for my tut.

BERKAY: You can see the outcome just by looking to your render , for example if i have a render of Ichigo with his Bankai Mode i imagin how this signature/artwork should looks like .. should there be flames , Blood , leafs , clouds , buildings .... etc .. after i decide what i wants exactly i start doing what it needs to accomplish the idea in my mind and there is always a c4d tricks there since it play an important part with adding some cool effects and thats why i focus on flow more than i focus on C4D size or colors .. And not mentioning that after adding your Adjustments the artwork will be just cooler that you imagined it .. you just should have an idea about what you are trying to do and not starting randomly with no idea in your head hoping something cool will come up with you. Also i will make a tut for that too .

For any more question , please feel free to post here ..
Back to top Go down
Pharaoh Atem
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Pharaoh Atem

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 5:36 pm

I have a question about your Light Sources. I make mine using large brushes but it doesn't give the awesomeness u make, so any advice?
Back to top Go down
Anzo
Administrator
Administrator
Anzo

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 6:10 pm

i use 70% opacity and sometimes 50% opacity white brush .. and don't use a very big one .. a normal brush maybe that fits the render ..
Back to top Go down
BERKAY
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:42 pm

What about C4D placing?
Back to top Go down
Anzo
Administrator
Administrator
Anzo

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:35 pm

It doznt matter where you place it as long as you take care of render and how it will "flows" with your C4D , i never use more that 1 C4D and always try to make it small one because there is no need to be seen .. you wants people to focus on your render and your effects .. c4d is a side show ..

Check this code and tell me if it works:
http://www.4shared.com/photo/O8C9nrol/53_online.html

Its one of my recent works PSD , something cool to learn from until i find time to make the tut
Back to top Go down
BERKAY
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:12 pm

I'm downloading it now. I hope you write what you done in layers names. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anzo
Administrator
Administrator
Anzo

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:14 pm

It is obvious , you will see once you open it .. easy one ^^
Back to top Go down
henryxp

KCVDS username: : henryxp

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 12:35 am

Yugi Muto wrote:
It doznt matter where you place it as long as you take care of render and how it will "flows" with your C4D , i never use more that 1 C4D and always try to make it small one because there is no need to be seen .. you wants people to focus on your render and your effects .. c4d is a side show ..

Check this code and tell me if it works:
http://www.4shared.com/photo/O8C9nrol/53_online.html

Its one of my recent works PSD , something cool to learn from until i find time to make the tut

nice one it worked fine for me ^_^
Back to top Go down
Darkneji12
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Darkneji12

KCVDS username: : darkneji12

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:32 am

hate adf urs >.> no point in them unless ur DC

anyways i wanna find out more on how to control my lighting better like ur gfx freak sig
._.
Back to top Go down
Anzo
Administrator
Administrator
Anzo

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:40 pm

Mouahaha .. am a pro What a Face lol

i will upload another PSD and post it here soon ..
Back to top Go down
BERKAY
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:39 pm

I'm waiting excitedly. Smile
Back to top Go down
Pharaoh Atem
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Pharaoh Atem

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:51 pm

I got a question dude,
Ofc you saw my result of your PSD, but when I saw the tag u made for me, I could regonize where is my lack. Yours was so soft but mine seemed to be a low quality and not soft at all!! However, I followed everything you made and with the edits u told me too, so any advice?
Back to top Go down
Anzo
Administrator
Administrator
Anzo

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:09 am

Everything is about adjustments .. try always to make colors of your signature similar for example (orange , red , yellow , soft green , grey) and dont use blue or violet there.

the point is use colors that match any other colors in your artwork ... also try to improve your use of Exposure adjustment .. cuz it is important to unite the colors and depth/shadows.
Back to top Go down
BERKAY
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:20 pm

Yes, I noticed Exposure is really important and can change the signature totally. Thank you for helps Yugi. Smile
Back to top Go down
Darkneji12
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Darkneji12

KCVDS username: : darkneji12

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 1:56 am

Yugi Muto wrote:
Mouahaha .. am a pro What a Face lol

lies
._.
atem i can also answer that Smile basically it also depends on the filters you use and how you use them. if u used sharpen and u didnt lower the opacity then it may be that, also even the effex u use such as gradient maps need to have their opacity lowered. i think what made it so smooth is that he didnt use filters he just used burn and dodge tool n stuff

hehe stole yugi's job Very Happy

btw i used exposure and i didnt see much of a difference o.o wuts it do exactly
Back to top Go down
Anzo
Administrator
Administrator
Anzo

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 1:38 pm

Quote :
hehe stole yugi's job Very Happy

You said what exactly obvious in my PSD -.- , trying to be smart Evil or Very Mad

Quote :
btw i used exposure and i didnt see much of a difference o.o wuts it do exactly

Make stuff more gray , they make them darker .. witch adds depth to your BG and shadows in general .. also it helps hiding bad areas .
Back to top Go down
Pharaoh Atem
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Pharaoh Atem

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:32 pm

Neji, nothing you said new!! I do that very well Razz Of course thanks to Yugi xD!
Back to top Go down
BERKAY
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:26 pm

Darkneji12 wrote:
Yugi, Shut up ._.
Yugi Muto wrote:
Darkneji get banned ._.

Please don't spam like this! Posts deleted.
Back to top Go down
Anzo
Administrator
Administrator
Anzo

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:22 pm

ok guys , keep this topic for GFX only ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...   Yugi's GFX Teaching Class... Empty

Back to top Go down

Yugi's GFX Teaching Class...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Royal Guardians Academy :: Grapihc Sections :: Resource and Tutorials Section-
Jump to: